Monday, July 9, 2012

Cooking..... Mainly Just Tasting

I grew up baking. My Mom and Dad are fantastic cooks, and both sets of my Grandparents promote cooking. I learned how to cook from my Parents and am in the slow... and sometimes painful process of  teaching my boyfriend. I have tons of cookbooks everything from gourmet to cooking with vodka.... I love the smell of freshly cooked anything really. There are only a few things that I will not eat but I am willing to try anything once. But here is the thing....

I HATE DOING DISHES!

Even today I find myself baking up some delicious cookies recipe hereMine don't look like the ones on the website so please do not judge me. I think I was supposed to cook the oats... but it doesn't say. Hell, they still taste good so I won't complain.

But I looked in the sink and I had: 1 knife, 2 measuring cups, 1 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 spoon, 1 bowl, 1 baking sheet, and then all the crap from breakfast.

WHY! (Imagine me on the floor of my apartment galley kitchen on my knees screaming to the heavens.... "WHY!?")

Why do dishes have to be so unfun to wash? Why do we have to wash them at all? I wish there were disposable dishes for everything.... but that would be environmentally irresponsible and then the landfills would fill up to fast. Even writing this blog post is pissing me off. Thank the lord my boyfriend helps with the dishes because if he didn't I might very well go insane.

Microwave meals are easier... but don't they say that microwaves will kill us one day? Much like just about everything else we are exposed to these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment